Kason Layne Bio
- Formation of Kason Layne by original members Jad Deal (Lead/Rhythm/Backing Vocals), Jake Boykin (Bass), Lance Knight (Drums/Percussion), Michael Foster (Lead Vocals/Acoustic Rhythm), and Kyle White (Lead Guitar).
- Based out of Douglas, GA
- Toured and performed regionally at various bars and nightclubs.
Sept. 2009 – July 2010
- Continued regional touring while writing, compiling, and recording our first studio album “Livin It Up”
- Recorded at 8 Pound Sound and Hilltop Studios in Nashville, Tn and Studio D in Moultrie, GA
- Invited to Nashville by Rich Redmond to several writing sessions with David Fanning, John Edwards, and several other writers with plans of Rich Redmond, Tully Kennedy, and Kurt Allison producing and recording first album.
- Partnered with Anderson Merchandising and SelectoHits Distribution in preparation for an October 2010 album release date.
- Purchased 1994 Prevost XL 45′ entertainer bus.
- Also partnered with Rockdog Entertainment to perform multiple shows with Brantley Gilbert, Luke Bryan, Lee Brice, Jerrod Neiman, Colt Ford, Rhett Akins, Thomas Rhett, Shenandoah, and more.
- Released debut album, “Living It Up”
- Partnered with Airplay Direct and Jerry Duncan Promotions to release first single.
- Released “I Miss You Bad” as first single to radio.
- Continued touring and securing opening spots with larger acts.
- Played an acoustic performance in Wal*Mart of Douglas to promote parterning with Wal*Mart and Anderson Merchandising for Wal*Mart release.
- Single broke TOP 200 on Music Row charts
- Traveled to New York, New York and played on the NBC late night television show, “ Late Night with Joey Reynolds” in Times Square from the bottom floor of the NASDAQ building.
- Also continued to tour Division I Universities and colleges such as, Clemson University, University of Tennessee, University of Alabama, Auburn University, Vanderbilt University, University of Georgia, Sanford University,..etc.
- Toured nationally in states such as Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Kentucky.
- Secured raidio interviews nationally to support the album and tour.
- Played shows with Chris Young, Tracey Lawerence, Kip Moore, T Graham Brown, Jeff Bates…
- Started recording second album at Hilltop Studios in Nashville, TN
- Lead singer, Michael Foster put in resignation from the band due to personal family matters
January 2012-October 2014
- Toured locally and regionally with various interim singers keep working and keeping our skills up
- Hired new lead singer, Kyle Stone and started playing locally and regionally again to help him gain experience again.
- Started writing and recording for first album with new lead singer.
- Wrote and recorded “ Text With You” demo.
- Song started being passed around and ended up in the hands of local radio station
- Shows started progressing and radio promotion company reached out about releasing song to radio.
- Rerecorded, “Text With You” and sent to multiple radio stations regionally.
- Signed on With Georgia Country Music Association
- Invited to play CMA Fest in Nasville, TN at The Stillery Stage on Broadway.
- Started to write for second full album.
- Hired Kickstart Artist Management
- Was nominated for “ Group or Band of the Year” by the fans of Georgia Country Music Asssociation.
- Performed at the Georgia Country Music Awards show.
- Did NOT receive the award although Kason Layne received 1500 more fan votes than any other contestant in the category of 15 bands nominated.
- Started recording second album
- Also started playing nationally again and opening for acts such as Mo Pitney
- Hand-picked to be the first band to play in Blake Shelton’s new bar in Nashville, Ole Red, for a private party of executives and staff of The Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Entertainment, and Gaylord Entertainment.
- Invited back for multiple shows including the first week open to the public.
Kason Layne has received several accolades over the years such as the following:
- Battle of the Bands Winner, Albany, GA Harley Davidson
- Top 20 Up and Coming Bands, Underground Radio of Atlanta
- Several Radio Catch of the Day and Unsigned Artist of the Week Spotlights.